Monday, November 5, 2007

Today is Day 1:

So I'm starting this new life of mine today. I'm going to be trying to find some good templates to capture my daily meals and fitness routine. For now I'll just be documenting it in blog format as text. My plan right now is to use a loose version of the body for life program. I'll be trying to get in my lifting on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I'll be doing cardio on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I also think I'll be trying to do the following each day: Pushups, Squats, and Crunches. My plan is to be 40 pounds lighter in the next 90 days. Keep me honest. Please post some feedback and encouragement hopefully!

My meals thus far today:


Meal 1 - 9am
Protein Drink - I'm using Body Choice's Liquid Protein.
Vitamins - Thai Mangosteen
Caprisun 100% grape juice box.

Meal 2 - 1:30pm
Tuna on Whole Wheat with light mayo (one 6oz can of Tuna)

Meal 3 - 4:00pm
2 Chicken Links, 1 piece of Costco Cake (I know I cheated already! Lord help me!!!)

Both the Liquid Protein and Mangosteen I bought from Costco this weekend. The protein is pretty good going down… but has a bit of an aftertaste that I'm not fond of. The Mangosteen is really pretty tasty. It tastes a bit like pineapple juice.

Exercise today:

On the exercise front I spent my morning doing an upper body workout. I'm starting small but want to be controlled and do it right.... so the weight is not much but I focused on movement and doing it 100%. The methodology i'm using starts with 12 reps, then 10, then 8, then 6 increasing the wieght each time. Once I get through that I rest for 2 minutes and then drop the weight back down usually to the weight I used for the 10 reps and do 24 reps straight. For now I'm working out at home. I've got a 3 week old baby (3 weeks as of today) and time is kind of short. I have the Bowflex / Nautilis Select Tech Free Weight System and stand that I'm using here at home. I'm also recording each day's workout on a miror behind where I work out with a magic marker. I've also listed my goal for weight on there as well.






Today:

  • Biceps - Curls - 7.5lbs to 15lbs, 24 reps at 10lbs.
  • Shoulders - Front Lifts - 7.5lbs to 15lbs, 24 reps at 10lbs.
  • Delts - Flys on balancing ball - 7.5lbs to 15lbs, 24 reps at 10lbs.
  • Lats - One-Arm Dumbbell Rows - 7.5lbs to 15lbs, 24 reps at 10lbs.
  • Tricepts - Still working on a good exercise I can do here at home for this one.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Triceps
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/videos/2006/dumbbellonearmtricepsextension.mpg


http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/videos/2005/lyingdumbbelltricepextension.mpg

oh... and stay away from that cake!!!